Monday, August 20, 2012

Less is More with Baroque Borders & It's Your Day

A dear friend and I used to always joke with one another that in design -- Less is more. It kind of became one of our paper crafting catch phrases. I, in particular really struggle with "thoughtfully editing" (Thank you Tim Gunn!) my designs and not over embellishing, over sponging (I really need to learn to tolerate white space) or just in general over thinking a design. Sometimes more is better (a post for another day), but simplicity is also beautiful.

So, in honor of my friend's birthday this month, I gave myself the challenge of designing some cards using one to three stamps, one color of ink and stamping on only a white background. I did give myself a little wiggle room with sentiments and embellishments, but otherwise I was pretty faithful at keeping with the plan.

Stamp sets featured are: the August Stamp of the Month Baroque Borders, the National Stamping Month Special It's Your Day, For Every Occasion and Card Word Puzzle.

How about you? When do you say less is more?


No comments:

Post a Comment