Friday, July 13, 2012

Exciting Close to My Heart Announcements & a Card


This is one of the cards from my Tuesday night workshop. I think it ended up being one of my favorites. It came together rather last minute, but I am happy with how it turned out. It is inspired by: http://octoberafternoon.typepad.com/october_afternoon/2011/06/thursday-sketch-with-stacey.html that a friend of mine pinned on Pinterest a while back. I was just waiting for the right inspiration to do it Close to My Heart style. :) If we hadn't been doing 5 other fairly complex cards I would have added real stitching to the process, but I think using the stamp set was just as effective and fun.

In other news: The annual Close to My Heart Convention started today in Dallas, Texas. Today was the reveal of the Autumn/Winter 2012 Idea Book to Consultants. You are going to be so excited! There is a new Cricut Cartridge collection called the Artiste Collection. The cartridge includes lots of 3-d items, home decor items, interactive cards and so much more -- 700 cuts in all. I already placed my order so I could have it to play with some for my Idea Book Launch party in August. Stay tuned for more details. Other news that sticks out include: A new consultant kit for $49 -- even more easy and economical to become a consultant if you have an interest, alcohol based markers, mini-pigment ink pad sets in all our colors and Workshop On The Go kits for cards and home decor items.

Look forward to sharing this with you over the coming days. Stay tuned for updates, workshops and new artwork. I should have the July 24th card class information posted by the end of the weekend.
Happy Krafting!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment